Monday, January 7, 2013

Carrini Boots & My First Experience with HauteLook

Carrini - Studded Cuff Military Boot in Cognac
As a college kid and frequent online shopper, I'm constantly tempted to make impulse buys from sites like HauteLook, where I convince myself they're offering an incredible deal. Twenty bucks here and there can really add up, so I've become an expert window (screen?) shopper instead. I've always enjoyed scrolling through the site's latest deals in my spare time, but I did not want to buy anything unless I really needed it.  
After browsing around for a pair of casual brown boots in the Fall, these Carrini ones caught my eye. They were my first purchase from HauteLook in October 2012 (I've been signed up since the Spring).
*click below to read on & see more pictures*


I absolutely love these shoes! Boots for $32?? I had to.
They look identical to the online picture, so thankfully there weren't any surprises.
The fit is true to size (I'm a 6.5) and they are very comfortable.
I tie the shoe laces inside the shoe so the bow doesn't lay on top like it would on a sneaker.

The only negativity in my experience was the amount of time the order took to process & ship. These boots took exactly 3 weeks from the date ordered to the date received. By far the longest I've waited for a product all year. I frequently order from Amazon, Urban Outfitters, Forever21, etc. and they all seem to average at about a week.

Bottom Line: Love the shoes, but the service was incredibly slow. I'm curious if all HauteLook orders take this long or it was just this order in particular.

Brand: Carrini
Name of Shoe: Studded Cuff Military Boot
Color: Cognac
Size: 6.5

Price: $32.00
        +$7.95 shipping
        =$39.95 total

Date Purchased: 10/24/12
Date Shipped: 11/8/12
Date Received: 11/14/12



back
front

inside


outside

top

1 comment:

  1. I love shopping with Hautelook. Unfortunately MOST orders average about 3 weeks to arrive.

    ReplyDelete